Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What, Someone Made Something Cute/Creepy on Etsy?


Yeah, so, Etsy.com is a site for people/artisans selling their cunning little toys, jewelry, bags, boxes, clothing, and accoutrements of all kinds. They make 'em by hand, they're good at it, they sell 'em to you without a middleman. There is some gorgeous, one-of-a-kind stuff on Etsy, I have seen it with my own eyes. (And been inspired to make my own vintage postage stamp magnets, thanks!) I am a little susceptible to sad-but-cute felted animals and objects - like sad cupcakes or curious crows - sold for relatively high prices. I have never actually bought one of these items, but I feel the pull.

Click the link below for a cunning Felted Eggplant with Chicken Legs, by Melissa Sue. It's just so good.

Then there's the Tootsie Monster, a skittering kangaroo-rat-inspired mini-monster who eats the toes you dangle off the bed. I'm serious.

Finally, a little felted bluebird with "little orange feets" that should be made of cotton candy so I CAN EAT THE LITTLE TWEET.

I didn't get enough sleep last night.

No comments: